Nicols Sedan 1000 Canal and river cruiser
Nicols Sedan 1000 Canal and river cruiser for sale | 32'10" | 1993 | 1x diesel 56hp | GRP Construction | Full-Displacement underwater profile | 6 sleeping berths | Boat REF# 230714
€55,000.00 (Approx US$59,718.55) Under-Offer
|Engine||1 x diesel 56hp, XUD SEENERGIE (2010)|
Contact the Broker
- Contact Graham Wharmby
- Telephone +33 658 331 163
- Email email@example.com
Get quote for boat deliveries
|Fuel capacity||55.0 USG Total - 1 Tanks|
|Water capacity||94.6 USG Total - 1 Tanks|
|Engine||1 x diesel 56hp|
|Engine make and model||XUD SEENERGIE (2010)|
|Engine Hours||engine1: 1930|
|Prop(s)||3 blade prop|
|Fuel consumption (approx)||0.7 USG /hour At Cruising Speed|
|Cruising speed (approx)||5 knots|
|Max speed (approx)||6 knots|
56hp Synergie XUD main engine, new in 2010.
Three service batteries and one start battery (new 2014 /2015)
220V when on shore power & solar panel.
300 Watt inverter in forward and starboard staterooms.
12V allume cigare outlets in galley & staterooms.
220V outlets in galley & forward stateroom
12 volt, 4 batteries charged by: engine, solar panels, shore power
Known for innovative design and quality construction the Nicols yard is one of the most prolific constructers of inland waterway craft in France both for the hire and private markets. Heavily constructed to cope with hire fleet life, this 1000 left the yard in 1993. Rare, hard top sedan makes great sun protection and a spare room with full tent covers.
|Total # of berths||6|
|No. of double berths||3|
|Heads||2 heads (Manual)|
|Pressurised water system|
|Hot water system|
Three double cabins, one used for storage, it could easily be turn back to a cabin if necessary. Forward cabin with a centre island walk round double bed of 190 x 140 and en-suite heads & shower. A wheelhouse saloon. Outside are three distinct lounging areas, foredeck for relaxing with a good book, an aft terrace for convivial entertaining covered by a solid bimini and the fly bridge for outside steering and sunbathing with safe access from the sedan.
6 berths with 3 doubles and 1 single in 2 cabin(or 3 cabins). 3 burner gas cooker, oven and fridge & freezer. The owners notes on improvements over the 2016 season make impressive reading:
1. Replaced the old batteries with AGM batteries and increased the house battery capacity to 315 Ah. The starting battery is still separate and of the high output type.
2. Installed the wiring for and added 12 volt allume-cigare outlets in the forward and starboard staterooms. These are used to power two 12 volt Caframo fans for cooling on hot summer nights.
3. Installed a variable-speed fan in the dashboard to provide air circulation in the saloon.
4. Installed 300 watt inverters in both staterooms to provide 220 volt power.
5. Installed a gauge at the dashboard to indicate how much water has been used.
6. Replaced the Truma heater with a Webasto of greater capacity that runs on diesel fuel from the main tank.
7. Installed a 40 liter water heater that runs on 220 volt shore power as well as on engine heat.
8. Connected the refrigerator so that it now can be run on either 220 volt shore power or on butane. This not only saves a lot of money but also the aggravation and effort of having to swap a butane tank over every 8 to 10 days.
9. Replaced the old standard Nicols table with a very fancy bespoke one that can be altered in size to suit from 2 to 8 people for dining and can still be lowered to allow the settee to be used as a double bed.
10. We had new upholstery made for all the saloon cushions.
11. We replaced the mattress in the forward stateroom with a new, high quality, foam mattress.
12. We have also made sure that the engine is up to date in its required maintenance and replaced worn parts, belts pumps, wiper blades and so forth.
13. We had the cockpit sole repainted as it had become very scuffed by the ugly green carpeting that we chucked out. It is a lot easier to clean this way, just dip a mop over the stern and give it a wipe every so often.
14. We spend a few hundred dollars replacing the light bulbs with high-output LEDs in order to give brighter lighting with a fraction of the electrical consumption.
3 burner propane Stove
32'10" of chain
98'5" of rode